Freddy’s is a neighborhood bar with a national reputation and a small backroom performance space. Freddy’s was originally founded as a speakeasy during Prohibition, & more recently called the “perfect bar” by The New York Times. We have a 20 year history of live music and events here in Brooklyn, however we do NOT provide any in-house audience for Backroom performances. We are 21 and over only!
Seven pages follow and each page has information that must be read, understood and agreed to in advance of any Submission. Please read this information thoroughly BEFORE progressing to submission. For any other questions, please use our regular contact page.
We look forward to seeing you at Freddy’s.
2. Who We Are/What to Expect
- We are primarily a bar, and secondarily a venue.
- We have a Frontroom Bar and a separate Backroom event space.
- Our multi-use Backroom is modest and soundproofed. Capacity is 45.
- Our regular customers come for the bar scene, the drinks & the vibe, not the Backroom.
- If you expect or need big amplification then you are looking at the wrong venue.
- Loud Bands require Large crowds. We do NOT provide any “built-in” Backroom audience.
- The Frontroom is large and provides overflow space.
- Performances are not visible nor audible from the Front-room.
- All rules are made to be broken if the break can be justified, & compensated with a large audience.
IMPORTANT- Please carefully read each Rule
- We are strictly 21 and over only.
- We do NOT PAY. Pass the Hat.
- Off Nights are Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, and are reserved for acoustic and CHILL events.
- Weekend slots are 8:30, 9:30, 10:30 & 11:30 on Fri & Sat. Prime Time slots are 9:30 and 10:30 Fri and Sat.
- Prime Time slots are reserved for events that can fill the room. See *Alternative Booking for other options.
- You should have an independent autonomous pull or you may perform to an empty room.
- We do not do cover charges.
- Drink minimums are a house option.
- Fund raisers, & suggested donation events are negotiable, however You need to provide the door person and the crowd.
LOUD BANDS – No big Amps! This is a small room! (see ‘Layout Page- see Backline Page)
Loud Bands require a full room to justify volume and absorb sound.
To PAIR with another Band to boost your attendance, the ‘other’ Band must book first.
5. Available Equipment
- House P.A. (Europower 14 channel 2000 amp powered mixer w 800 watt effects processor. )
- Two Speakers: (Mackie C300 )
- One floor monitor: (a Behringer F1220D Bi-Amped 250-Watt)
- 4 Mics & 4 stands: (Varied Brands & of reasonable quality.)
- 1 Keyboard stand
- One Bass Amp: (Ampeg’s BA-115 15)
- One Guitar Amp: (a BOSS Katana 50-Watt Combo Amp)
- House Drum Kit
House Drum Kit includes the following (Varied Brands and quality) One Bass Drum / One Throne / Two Cymbal Stands / One Floor Tom / One High Tom / High Hat stand. (NO HIGH-HAT CLUTCH & NO FOOT-PEDAL) Please NOTE- Drummers must bring their own Snare, Cymbals, Foot Pedal, High Hat Clutch and Any additional Toms.
A SOUND PERSON is HERE ONLY on Fri and Sat nights, at about 8pm. We do NOT have a sound person on Off Nights or Early Weekend slots.
The Backroom is a small, multi-use space with concert-hall sound. Our stage can fit 4 or 5 Band members with equipment, no more. If you approach the Backroom carefully, it will treat you well. If you play too Loud you will be asked to Turn down, or Turn OFF.
6. Off Night
(Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, and Thur)
Off Nights and Early Weekend slots are reserved for acoustic and non amplified events. We do NOT have a sound person on OFF Nights or early week-ends. Off Night staff are not qualified sound people.
You must potentially allow an hour for room adjustments beyond our default setup. Arrive early and be prepared. We run casual & loose, but all sets need to start on time, and must NOT run longer than the time allotted in our performance schedule.
7. Social Media
***Remember – The more info you give us, the more promotion we’ll be able to do for you***
All performers should follow Freddy’s social media accounts:
IG – Freddy’s Bar & Backroom (@freddysbrklyn)
FB – Freddy’s Bar & Backroom
YT – Freddy’s Bar & Backroom
TW – Freddy’s Bar (@FreddysBar1)
PRE-SHOW: Please send 3-5 pics/vids/gifs no later than two weeks prior to show. Must adhere to specs as outlined below.
POST-SHOW: Send in all media no later than 48 hours after your showtime. Please include one (or more) of the following:
- Video of band set-up at Freddy’s
- Pic/video of audience from band POV
- Performer quotes (video or written) about Freddy’s
DO Send all promotional, pre-show & post-show photos & footage via one of these options:
- Google Drive or Dropbox to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send to email@example.com via Wetransfer.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do NOT send Social Media Material to email@example.com!!!
Photos MUST BE .JPG or .PNG files
- Minimum resolution: 150×150
- Maximum resolution: 1920×1080
Videos MUST BE .MOV or .MP4
- Duration: 60 seconds maximum, 3 seconds minimum
- File size: 100MB maximum
Instagram: In all posts/stories:
- Tag @Freddysbrklyn
- Use hashtags #FreddysBar and #FreddysBarAndBackroom
- Geotag “Freddy’s Bar and Backroom” ONLY
- All stories must be repostable
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for IG Stories takeovers and other cross-promo opps
- Create a FB Event Page for your show and add Freddy’s Bar & Backroom as a co-host
- Invite your contacts
- Share to timeline(s)
- Tag Freddy’s Bar & Backroom in all posts and/or share to Freddy’s FB
By submitting music, photos and/or videos to Freddy’s Bar & Backroom, you allow Freddy’s Bar & Backroom to publish, and use said music, photos and/or video in print and electronic formats such as publications, videos, projects, and websites for documentation & publicity only. I understand that pictures or videos may be published in any of these media without restriction. I understand that I will not receive payment or other compensation for use of photos and/or videos. Freddy’s will NOT sell or attempt to sell any Music or video
8. Line Check / Sound Check / Volume Check.
- In perfect circumstances a sound check is always achievable. However, this is often not the case in the midst of a busy night. Arrive early, reduce needs, be prepared and fast with your set-up. There may only be time for a Line Check, with only minutes for set-up and break-down between bands.
- Do NOT be Late or Cancel without notice.
- Have fun and please let us know how it goes.
Ready to Book?
Thanks for reading the submission information.
- IMPORTANT: Be sure our e-mail email@example.com is in your CONTACT LIST.
- The MAKE A BOOKING button will take you to the Submission Form, where you will be asked to estimate your attendance. Please give a realistic assessment.
- Alternative Booking Option: At the Submission form, if you do not have an independent pull select the Alternative Booking Option. This puts you in our data base, and allows late bookings, to potentially find the largest audience for your performance. With-out a significant local pull we cannot commit to a date more than 2 weeks in advance. Please complete and submit this form.
- If you have any questions please contact us via our regular contact page and we’ll make every effort to reply within 24 hours.
* If Make a Booking will NOT activate, be sure you have checked the agreement box at the bottom of each previous page!